Saturday, September 20, 2008


It's Finally Autumn!

This is one of my favorite times of the year! It's that time of year that you can enjoy the changing of the seasons. Just one of the brief seasons we have in Texas. How beautiful the trees look showing off their colors. Getting your hands in the dirt one last time with all the new fall plants. The colors!

I had a friend tell me that we should not plant pansies until after the summer heat but before the first frost. I will have to see if my schedule and seasons can coordinate that . LOL

Oh, then there is Halloween or Fall Harvest (which ever you prefer.) Then Thanksgiving.....Wait! I'm getting ahead of myself again. Oh It's Autumn!

Happy First Day of Autumn everyone!


This is also a good time to add shrubs or trees to your yard . Not only do you get huge discounts on them, this is the perfect time of year to plant them. They do not suffer as much from stress and they have time to get established before Summer. If you can, wait until winter to plant the trees.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

The blog looks great! You have done a wonderful job!