Monday, May 31, 2010

A Date with My Wonderful Daughter!

For my Birthday/Mother's Day gift Jennifer got tickets for us to go see the musical, Wicked. This is something I was really looking forward to. It is not often I get a chance to have a mother/daughter date.

Our day together was on Saturday the 29th. We started off with me meeting Jenn & Cary at the Vet's clinic to trade Brylee for Jennifer.(We had the pleasure of waking up with our blue-eyed sunshine. What a nice way to start the day) Then off we go to lunch at Cheddar's. We sat and talked and laughed about everything. Something I miss a lot. When the check came I said,
I would pay since it was my idea. Well of course Jenn protested. She took out her Drivers License, Debit Card, Insurance card & Credit Card and put them on the table like cards & said, "I win I have 4 of a kind!" I picked up the cards & with a big SMILE, and said, "I win!" I think it shocked her that I was that fast & could think that quickly on my feet. It had been my idea to go to lunch before the musical because I don't get a chance to go to Cheddar's often and thought it would be nice. Plus it was a little more time with my girl.
So next we are off to Fair Park. Thanks to my Garmin we made it without any problems. I know, you would think I could find it since I have lived here all my life but down town Dallas is not someplace I go to often. Once we got there we walked around & checked everything out. It has been a while since I had been to a musical and I forgot how nice it was. There was a really cool shirt Jenn & I both liked priced @ 39.00. A shirt that would have been cute for Brylee for 25.00. No we did not buy anything, we just enjoyed our Playbill & each other. We talked about maybe doing this yearly & the day when we can included Brylee.
The play was great. It reminds you there are two sides to every story.

Thank you Jennifer for suggesting "Wicked". I hope we can have another girls day out soon.

No comments: