Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Making a Difference

Making a difference.......I'm a mom, wife, grandmother, daughter, etc... we all know all that. I work a full time job. (Thank You God!) I try to check in on all my family & friends as I can by a quick visit or a phone call, or Facebook. Remember I'm T-Ma & I love spending time with Brylee & Chester. I'm a mom & a wife. I also help out when I can with the Lewisville Fire Department as Petunia. Then of course there are the errands that have to be run. The chores around the house that needs to be taken care of. Do not get me wrong Bryan is right there to help! Let's not forget working in the yard. (That is the time I do a lot of talking with God. ) But as a women do you feel you just don't have enough time in the day, week, month or year to get it all done!?!?
Wrong!!! It is amazing when I'm trying to make a difference. Helping out family and/or friends. Causes or Events. Just dropping what I'm doing to sit & listen to someones concerns. GOD slows down time! I get everything done on my list or it was not that important any way. So the next time you are feeling stretched beyond your ability STOP & re- focus.Take care of your love ones & everyone around you and GOD will take care of YOU!

3 comments:

Cary said...

I know what you mean. Ever since marriage and the kid the week and weekends fly by.

And you are right, it's kind like money. You never have enough but if you focus on putting it towards the right things and trust on the rest, it will get taken care of.

But don't forget that God made us to need rest, time for ourselves. If we are not taken care of us from time to time we will be far less effective in taking care of others.

PS thank you Terrisa and Bryan for all you do!

Jenn said...

It's funny because when I worked, I somehow got everything done when needed. now that I'm at home all the time, it feels like the day flies and I can't seem to get everything done. Maybe my priorities have changed, meaning it is not only my job to take care of the kid, but also of the apartment...

I have always been amazed at how much you have been able to balance, but now, I love the fact that you can balance more, including time for yourself and us...

I'll bring Brylee around for you to STOP more often!

TJ said...

Thanks Jenn & Cary for being so supportive. Thank you Brylee for being that STOP I have needed. Love all of you!