Sunday, August 22, 2010

Phases


As all of you know I'm now a grandmother & am loving every minute of it! Brylee is the sweetest baby & one of the reasons for this series of blog. I have always tried to look at both sides of things. There are two sides to every story. Some would say I look at things though Rose colored glasses. I ask, WWJD . I remember the Golden Rule. Make sure there are not three fingers pointing back at me when am pointing a finger at others. The one my Granddaddy Hodges always said, "If you can't say something nice don't say anything." Boy those words seem to come across my mind a lot lately.

Brylee loves seeing herself in mirrors. I'm not sure she realize it is her or if she thinks it's another baby. I love the happy sounds she makes while talking to her reflection. The kisses she gives the reflection.The, I want to hug you but can't seem to get my arms around you. Then she sees us in the mirror then she looks over at us like wow two of you too?? or when she sees someone walking away, then watches them in the mirror,then looks back again. What is she thinking?? At this time in life everything is good. She likes the person she sees in the mirror. Do I like the person I see? The point is the mirror has 2 reflections & so does life. When we look into the mirror what do we see? Like a couple of postings before I can see the good me & the ugly me.

So when am listening to excuses, reasons, complaint, a suggestion, I always try & I hope go with the positive/good side of it. When I need to solve a difficult problem I ask how would I feel with an answer or action like that? Why because I hope that others will do it for me. I guess in so many ways I wish people would look at things a little more positivity all the time. YES! it is hard to do daily with some of our jobs. We have someone telling us what they think we want to hear instead of what we need to be told. Or their past actions we know they are not going to be completely honest with us. It is hard. I'm around people that think of only themselves daily. Once in a while I'm put into a situation that they will ask me for my opinion on something about themselves. BOY, that is when it gets tough. Oh, how I have to chose my words SO carefully. But again I go through all my little phases I have adopted in life & think positive. Yes, there are times I wish I could just walk away. This is when I say a silent prayer and ask Jesus to help me with the answer. Some times I'm amazed at what comes out of my mouth, but I know it is not me but my prayer(s) being answered.

I hope my actions & word reflect , The Golden Rule. or WWJD. or Not have me pointing 3 fingers back at myself when I have to point a finger at someone. I hope I can shut my mouth & walk away when I I don't have anything positive or good to say. I hope that these phases that I have relied on through out my life will continue to guide me as a positive person. So I'm asking myself each day, each time I have to look within myself, which side of the mirror I'm I reflecting? The Good? or The Bad??

3 comments:

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

My mom has such deep thoughts. Scary?? No. Just don't see this side of her much.
Admirable? Absolutely!
I hope that I can be a positive thing in your life. And if I'm not, I hope that Brylee makes up for it. You deserve the best!!!!
I love you mom!

TJ said...

You are a big positive in my life! Thank you for everything you for me. You do more than you think. Who knows there may be a series after you!?!?! Love ya