Sunday, January 29, 2012

Brylee's Room Part II

Update on Brylee's room. Yesterday while visiting with my McFadden Family, Faith & Helen were showing me Helen's new room. I love the colors and the room is very cute. One of the pictures were lanterns hanging from the ceiling.

When I got home I was just relaxing & I had a thought! Brylee's room needs something on the walls. Remember this is a room that will go through many changes over the next few years. One idea is putting the first initial of each grandchild(ren) on the walls. Making the letter "B" is on Bryan's list of things to do over the next few months.


The room still needed something. Simple. FUN. Inexpensive. Then I thought of the lanterns. I text Helen to be sure it would be okay to use the idea & she thought it would be cool.


I could not find a dark purple so I went with the Black & White. (the accent color in Brylee's room is dark purple) It still works & if I come across a purple lantern later I can always pick it up.


I text a picture to Bryan & Jenn and asked, "any bets on how long it takes Brylee to pull them down" Jenn text back something like you want to bet how long it will take me to put them in my room???
I do remember Jenn wanting lanterns too.

Now to make or have someone make a pillow out of the stripped material I have left over.

Thanks Faith & Helen for sharing the idea. Now every time I look into Brylee's room I will think of you guys. Wish I had a picture of how cute your lanterns turned out. I would add it to the post.

No comments: