Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Diet Plan

Okay I will tell you that everything I did & doing was under doctor supervision. I suggest that you talk to your doctor before starting any diet or exercise route.

There are several diet plans. The most recommended one by doctors & trainers is Counting Calories. Some of the others is the Diabetic Diet (carb/protein ratio). Weight Watchers. Jenny Craig. Nutrisystem, etc. Do your research. Pick the one that fits you & your new Life Style. Remember there are a lot of Fad diets out there so beware!

I picked the Calorie Counting because I have had success in the past with it. It again is the most recommended by doctors & trainers and there are no extra cost or fees.

I can eat anything I want. I just have to be sure to eat the correctly. No empty calories. I consider empty calories as cake, candy, certain soups, chips, etc.

Read your labels. Look for the calories, salt, fat, sugars, cholesterol, etc.

Proportion & size is important. Read your labels! Do not Upsize your meal. Choose a smaller portion. Example at Firehouse subs I choose the medium. I get the Wheat bread & no mayo.I cut the size, choose a better bread & cut out fat.

Chew your food. Actually taste your food. Put down your fork or spoon between bits. This allows the time for your stomach to signal your brain that you are full.

If you just have to have that bag of chips or some french fries. Share them.

The formula for the Counting Calories is: your 1st goal weight. (ex 200) add a zero (2000) subtract 200 from the total (200+0=2000-200=1800) When I was over 200 pounds I just set my first goal as 2000 calories a day.

You do this for each weight goal.

Remember if you are working out then you may need to increase your calorie intake slightly.

Eat 5-6 small meals a day. Most importantly talk to your doctor, trainer or nutritionist.

Bryan & I worked out with Wii & Kettlebells. Walking works too but remember you must increase your length and/or speed.

Calorie King & reading your labels are a good source to find your calories.There are others on the Internet that are also good, so check them out & choose the one YOU like best. Remember to that some restaurants have the information on the web, so check them out. I love What-A-Burger & Chipotle. They let you customize your meal.

Remember you are going to have a bad day. Just get back on track the next day. No need to beat yourself up over it.

Reward yourself once a month & have a day where you eat what you want. Ice cream, cake, Mexican food, etc. You will be surprised that you will not venture for from your new lifestyle changes.

Here is an example of what I eat in 1 day:

Oatmeal (This is Quicker Oats. with Splenda, a dab of I Can't Believe it is Butter, & a sprinkle of cinnamon). or 2 eggs with bacon bits.

A piece of Fruit or 10-20 Almonds or 2 Peanut Butter & crackers or Fiber 1 90 calorie Bar. (I try to keep my snacks at 50-100 calories).

A Smart one TV Dinner, Salad (low fat dressing or Salsa) a piece of fruit.

A piece of Fruit, 10-20 Almonds or 2 Peanut Butter & Crackers or a Fiber 1 90 Calories Bar. (I try to keep my calories for snack at 50-100 calories).

A 4oz piece of baked chicken, & a salad. or A piece of COD with green beans. or a can of tuna with a touch of sweet relish & onion, Apple, 1 slice of 2% Provolone cheese & 4 crackers.

Piece of fruit or almonds or sugar free pudding or jello.

I may add an additional veggie to my meal if I see I have not ate enough calories. You must eat & not skip meals.

I will try to have future blogs on my test results. Some tips. My progress.

If you would like some more information before the next blog(s) please call me & let's talk. I would love to help you with your Life Style Change.

No comments: