Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Pie

Cary's birthday was recent. When I asked what he wanted he said a Cherry Pie! I said since I have never made a pie can I do a store bought one? He in his very nice way told me no. (Something like Store bought!?!?) Well if I love you I will step outside my comfort zone & do what ever I can to make your wish come true.

I used Cary's family for the crust & pie. I took a good nap before hand. (I do this to any task that I want to be done just right. NO I DO NOT TAKE A LOT OF NAPS!) Mind you I have a store bought crust in the freezer as back up. It is still there.

Well I did it. It was not a pretty pie but I did get it made. All from scratch. No store bought crust. No Cherry pie filling. Cary said it was good & had, I believe 2 pieces. Bryan who is not a fruit pie type person even said it was good. I did it! When I told a relative about it she told me, well you topped me. What!?!? You make pies all the time. She told me, well I use store bought crust & cherry pie filling. So thank you Cary for wanting a Cherry pie. I can now cross that off my list of things I need to learn. Well now I need to plan my next pie. I think we decided it would be Pecan. Yummy!


No comments: