Monday, March 29, 2010

TIPS

Okay as I told you in previous blog I would give you some tips to help you lose weight. I have written most of them down. I may have missed a few tips but I will add them at a later date.

Keep a log of what you eat each day.Write down everything including gum, breath mints, & drinks.
Read your labels:
Check the serving sizes. It will tell you what a serving size is.
Servings per package. Usually contains more than 1
Calories
Saturated Fat
Trans Fat zero is the best
Cholesterol
Sodium Watch this carefully.
Carbohydrate
Fiber
Protein

Eat 5-6 small meals today. 3 meals & 3 snacks a day.

Don't up size your meals.

If you can split a bag of chips, fries, slice of cake. Share with a friend.

Eat small portions. Chew your food. Put down your fork. Give your stomach time to signal your brain you are full.

If you are going out to eat pre-plan your meal. Go to the restaurants web site to get the calorie counts. If they don't have a counter go to Calorie King.

Plan your weekly meals. I usually plan my lightest for the evenings.

Do not deprive yourself of a craving. You can have it but in a smaller portion.You can use it as a reward. But try to reward yourself with maybe a shopping trip. I go between shopping for me or Brylee or a new plant for the yard.

When you are eating, eat your favorite food first. This way when you become full you will stop eating.

Cut out the Cold Drinks/Sodas.

Ask for a "To Go" box. Take home what you do not eat or half the meal. Not only are you saving calories but you have another meal.

Ask for your salad dressing, butter, BBQ sauce, etc on the side. I dip my fork into the salad dressing and/or BBQ Sauce then my food. I get the taste I want & not the calories.

Get yourself a support group. Spouse, friends, co-workers, etc.

Take supplements & vitamins. Be sure you talk with your doctor on what you need.

These are just a few tips to help with your new Life Style.

Again if you have any questions please feel free to call me. I would love to be part of your support group.

No comments: